Sailing trips at the archipelago of Finland (4-7 days):
Between the Archipelago National Park (Parainen, Turku) and Ålands.
This archipelago sailing experience is brilliant for travelers, couples and small groups of friends (max. 4ppl) who want to take a deeper look at the life on boat, sailing and the archipelago itself.
We will plan the route, places to visit etc. mostly according to the weather and winds, but since the many days on travel gives us good possibility to visit many places with different activities and things to do.
- Learn much about sailing! Theory lessons with practical exercises are very possible depending on your/team wishes.
- Be part of the Crew. This means shared tasks both on and under deck (cleaning, food help, navigating, steering etc). We will teach & guide, no special skills or experience needed.
- Explore the unique archipelago (activities are voluntary and not included in the prize): visit idyllic villages, hike, take stunning photographs by nature trails, find Geocaches, do sports with us, swim, sleep under-stars by bonfire, take few rounds on sauna, etc.... You decide!
THINGS YOU NEED
- water bottle
- eager and open mind
- warm and waterproof clothing
- own sheets for bed & sleeping bag (sleeping in 2* double beds, so it's good to sign in with a friend. Cabins are separated by a curtain)
Check further guidelines on our webpage https://artsailtraining.org/good-to-know/
TRAVEL TO BOAT / HOME
Traveling to home / boat may take 1/2 day (1-6 hrs) depending where we are: the "archipelago bus" takes you to Nauvo or Korpoström in 1-2 hrs, while ferry Eivor (free) to islands as Utö, Jurmo, Nötö or Aspö takes additional 4 hrs. Ferry to Ålands takes approx. 6-7 hrs (Viking Line).
Bus ticket is only-cash and 10-20 e / way, ferry to Ålands approx 20 e online. Additionally, departures from Turku are but may be more expensive and limit destinations on short voyages.
Info on bus and ferry schedules: https://artsailtraining.org/2017/07/01/aikataulut/
- Great, delicious vegetarian food (3*day, bring own snacks and some fruits for a common table)
- Accommodation in boat (2* double bed, cabins separated by a curtain)
- Port fees
- Guidance / teaching to sail
- Crew position (attendance in house-hold tasks and sailing)
PRIZE NOT INCLUDING
- Activities /food-on-harbor as those which not included in the port fee
- Travel to boat / home
- Insurances (leisure sailing boat's crew)
THE BOAT DETAILS S/Y FAREATA
ADDITIONAL INFO - COMPREHEND THE BOAT RULES WHEN BOOKING